BASIC CIRCULATION POLICIES
Chatham County & Alamance County
- Applicants for a library card must provide identification which
shows their current, local address.
- Children under age 16 must have a parent's signature to receive a
- Library users MUST present their library card to check out
- Lost or damaged cards cost $1.00 to replace.
- Library users MUST notify the library of any change of address.
Books and materials other than
videos and equipment:
- Materials are due 3 weeks from the day checked out.
- The library staff may limit the number of items for check out at
- Videos are checked out for 7 nights.
- Persons must be at least 16 years old to check out videos.
- There is a limit of 3 videos at any time.
- Videos may not be returned in the outside book return box.
- For books and materials other than videos and equipment, there is
a one week grace period, Items returned after the grace period will be charged fines from
the original due date.
- A notice will be sent approximately one week after materials are
due and a final notice approximately three weeks later.
- Fines for materials other than videos and equipment are 10 cents
per day per item.
- Fines for videos are 50 cents per day per item.
- There is no grace period for videos.
- Borrowers with items more than 3 weeks overdue and/or fines of
greater than $5 will have their borrowing privileges revoked. They will not be reinstated
until books are returned and fines paid.
- Overdue notices are a voluntary service of the library.Failure to
receive a notice will not eliminate fines. It is the borrower's responsibility to return
materials on time.
- Materials returned late to an outside book return box will be
charged the normal fines.
- No videos may be
- Other materials may be renewed one time only, if no one is
waiting for them.
- Persons must present a valid library card to renew materials.
- No telephone renewals will be allowed.
- If an item is not on the shelf or belongs to another branch
borrowers may ask to be placed on a waiting list.
- Borrowers will be notified when the item is available.
- Borrowers must have a valid library card in order to place a
reserve on an item.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN SERVICES:
- A postage fee for returning borrowed materials from other library
systems will be charged.
Note: Brochures containing this information, in
English and Spanish, are available at the library